Recent Posts

miércoles, 18 de julio de 2018

Devotion - Patti Smith

Letter to Naida:

I am really looking forward to going to the South of France this September. Still not sure if we are going because of how I'm feeling, but I'm pretty sure I'll feel fine by then. Since I moved to Europe I saw a lot of similarities between this intellectual side we have in Buenos Aires, to the French. Every little town in southern France has an Art studio of a world-famous painter, and their parks are adorned with statues celebrating artists, writers, and philosophers. I can tell that art and culture is a natural thing that French have in their life without even looking for it, and I like that. I just started reading Devotion and Patti Smith mentions going to a small town in the South of France, I thought what a nice coincidence. It's where she found the word "Devotion", in French, on a tombstone. Maybe I would like to go see the word devotion on that tombstone in real life. <3 I'm really enjoying Devotion, it's connecting me with that side of me that wants to write. I needed that and was thinking about it for a while. Maybe that's why now my emails are longer and I send them more often haha

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario